Based in New York’s capital region, Stacey L. Davis is the owner and artist behind Davis Made Home Decor. She has a passion for creating, writing and self-improvement.
- Healing and getting to know myself – starting at the Root.I can pinpoint exactly when my life shifted into a better gear: it was the morning immediately after I attended the journaling and meditation workshop I mentioned HERE. I woke up early and the first thing I did was reach for a recently gifted journal to write. For the first time in my life, IContinue reading “Healing and getting to know myself – starting at the Root.”
- “Are you a celebrity or something?” Thoughts about champagne and celebrating the small things.Earlier this year I ran into a co-worker at a liquor store on a Friday evening. Besides “hello”, the first thing he said to me was “Are you a celebrity or something?”, as he noticed I was leaving with a bottle of champagne. I responded that I was celebrating the fact that it was Friday.Continue reading ““Are you a celebrity or something?” Thoughts about champagne and celebrating the small things.”
- What does healing look like? [A personal reflection.]While speaking with a close friend, I couldn’t put my finger on a specific reason behind my emotional turbulence. In this past week, I had a day where I emotionally shut down. I left work at 9 a.m., crying, and continued to cry in bed (still in my work clothes) until about noon, with smallerContinue reading “What does healing look like? [A personal reflection.]”
- How do I get through the loss of a parent?In my last post, I shared that my mother passed away. I have been plodding along at a slower pace since then and although I have my moments of sadness and anger (the latter being in situations that do not generally call for it), I feel I am doing pretty well. My counselor had suggestedContinue reading “How do I get through the loss of a parent?”
- Life Happens: How do I know when it’s time for a new career?The turn into 2021 suggested a cosmic shift for me. I recall feeling that big things were going to happen this year, the largest of which would be the saddest – the passing of my mother. We had no way of knowing in January that it was going to happen (and it happened 11 daysContinue reading “Life Happens: How do I know when it’s time for a new career?”